Monday, March 5, 2012

Salsa Chicken

   Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a very good cook. I try very hard and I've definitely gotten better over the years, but I lack the motivation and patience needed to become really good. Anyhow, a few years ago I started a thread for easy recipes on the discussion board for my mom's group because I wanted to expand my repertoire. I got a lot of great responses but my favorite recipe was for Salsa Chicken. I do not at all claim that this recipe is mine and I thank Holly Rowe Charette for letting me share it!

Salsa Chicken

You will need:

1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa (I like the black bean and corn kind)
1 envelope of taco seasoning

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 13x9 dish. Pat taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken. Put chicken in the dish and cover with the jar of salsa. Bake for about 50 minutes-1 hour. You can also add shredded cheese on top after about 40 minutes.

We like to make black beans and guacomole and put everything together in a tortilla. It's very tasty and being a family of three, we always have leftovers for me to take to work. Enjoy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment