Friday, March 30, 2012

Local Burger & Herrell's Ice Cream & Chicks Man...

   Happy Friday! I LOVE the weekends! It's always surprising to me when I overhear people complaining about their weekends. I LOVE spending time with my family, getting things done around the house, visiting with friends, and going out for food and fun! I have no complaints about that!

   Tonight we went out to dinner at Local Burger on Main Street in downtown Northampton. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of it (it was too crowded to snap pictures), but there are some pictures in the "gallery" section of their website at http://www.localnorthampton.com/. It is a local, family owned, burger and fry joint. If I had to make a Michigan comparison, I would say it is similar to the chain Five Guys...only better! Plus, you can BRING YOUR OWN BEER! How fun is that?! The fries are so crispy and the chocolate shakes are made with hand scooped ice cream, just the way I like them! They also offer veggie burgers, hot dogs, fried pickles, onion rings and chicken tenders. I strongly suggest you grab a table before you order or you might not find a seat. This place is also a great spot for a post bar bite to eat. They're open until 3am!



   After dinner we walked around downtown. I loved listening to the street musicians play music as we walked. It makes for such a fun and exciting atmosphere!



 

    We headed over to Herrell's Ice Cream on Old South Street for dessert. Although Herrell's offers a large variety of flavors and toppings, my favorite thing to order is a simple cone of chocolate ice cream. Once you have Herrell's chocolate ice cream, nothing else will ever taste as good. You will try to go other places, but you will always find yourself saying, "This isn't nearly as good as Herrell's." Go taste it for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a little bit pricey, but totally worth it!

   On a completely unrelated note, I had an opportunity to spend some time today photographing some recently hatched chickens. How cute are these little guys? They're just in time for Spring!




    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment