St. Patrick's Day Chocolate Mint Cookie Bark
• 12 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
• 12 ounces white chocolate chips
• 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (like Crisco), divided
• 20 chocolate sandwich cookies (I used regular Oreos)
• 1 cup Andes mints broken into bits
• 1 cup green M&Ms (I used regular)
• Green sprinkles
1. Line a large jellyroll pan or cookie sheet with wax paper. Roughly chop sandwich cookies into quarters.
2. Pour semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute; stir chocolate well. Microwave for another 30 seconds; stir until chocolate is smooth. (If necessary, microwave in additional 15-second increments, stirring between each one, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.)
3. Spread melted chocolate in a thin layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle with chopped cookies and Andes pieces, pressing them down into melted chocolate in a single layer.
4. Melt white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon shortening in a clean bowl by repeating the above process, but microwave for only 15 seconds after the initial 1 minute since white chocolate melts more quickly than regular chocolate.
5. Carefully drizzle white chocolate over cookie layer and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle with M&Ms, pressing them down into the white chocolate, and then fill in any bare areas with green sprinkles.
6. Refrigerate until chocolate is hard. Carefully break into large chunks and enjoy!
|Everything ready to go in the refrigerator!|
|Once the bark has cooled, break it apart into pieces.|
|We put some in a little bag and attached the recipe as a gift for my son's teacher.|