Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mosaic Cafe (and more fun at the Waterfalls)

   Life has been really busy lately! I've visited many wonderful places but haven't had a chance to update the blog in awhile. Luckily, I have some much needed time off now so I can rest, relax, and share all of the pictures I've been holding on too.

  My best friend visited this past weekend and chose to eat at Mosaic Cafe for lunch on Saturday. I had eaten at Mosaic once before so I was excited to return. I ordered the Mosaic salad and it was delicious! It is a mix of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted peppers, feta cheese, carrots, roasted walnuts, zaatar, with a vinaigrette dressing. I even liked it better than the crepe I ordered the previous time, which was also very tasty. It was a beautiful sunny day so we ate on the tables outside (and we both thoroughly enjoy people watching).




(My BFF Jenny)


  
   I also took Jenny to the Waterfalls at Chapel Brook in Ashfield over the weekend. You can read more about them in my previous blog entry. Even though it wasn't hot enough for swimming, I knew she would enjoy seeing them and the peaceful feeling you get after visiting them. I expected the water levels to be low, considering we haven't had a ton of rain this spring in Western Massachusetts but I was surprised at how high the water actually was. Rocks that we sat on last summer were now covered in water! There were also a lot of trees that had broken in half and fallen down (probably from the heavy snow storm we had at the end of October). But it was still BEAUTIFUL and peaceful and totally worth the trip! 


(Jenny LOVED the waterfalls)





 For more information on Mosaic Cafe or to see the menu visit http://mosaiccafemed.com/index.html.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment