A recipe for Monkey Munch (also called Puppy Chow) from my fellow Massachusetts mom friend Sarah Shea. Thanks again Sarah! Enjoy!
9 cups Chex cereal (any kind)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Put Chex in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter separately (1 minute in microwave then stir. It will melt eventually.).
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Pour mixture over Chex cereal. Put into large plastic bag with powdered sugar. Shake well to coat.
4. Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool (you can skip this step and just put it into the refrigerator).
5. Cut into squares or break into chunks before serving.