Sunday, December 30, 2012

Flint Crepe Company

    My family took a trip back "home" to Flint, Michigan for the holidays and were eager to try out the Flint Crepe Company in downtown. We heard many good things about this restaurant and wanted to see if it would live up to the hype. 

   We were not disappointed! The crepes were delicious! I was thrilled that my crepe was thin and slightly crispy (I can't stand pancake-like crepes). There was also a generous portion size of the filling, which made me happy! I was instantly addicted and wanted to order a second one! 

   I apologize for the poor quality pictures. It was late at night (just before closing) and all I had with me was my iPod.





   While searching the Internet for a website for the Crepe Company that I could post a link too (they don't have one), I stumbled across some rather entertaining reviews of the restaurant. Some common complaints listed were the prices of the food and the poor customer service. I found these complaints particularly amusing seeing that we are coming from the land of uninterested hipsters (aka Northampton) and overpriced food. We thought the food was reasonably priced and the service was decent, so don't let these reviews discourage you. The food was worth the trip. 

   What was more important for me to see was something positive happening in Flint. Flint has a special place in my heart and I'll never stop loving it. I give credit where credit is due. I applaud the people who have stayed in the city and are trying to successfully run their businesses and make a positive change. Happy Holidays Flint! I celebrate your successes!

   Check out the Flint Crepe Company's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/FlintCrepe.

Yellow weather ball at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment