One of the things we get in our farm share each week is kale. After trying a variety of different ways to cook it, I personally believe this is the best way to eat it: by making Kale Chips! They are so crunchy and delicious and way healthier than potato chips! You'll love your guilt-free late night snacking sessions with these while watching your favorite movie! Also, your kids will like them too! My son even ate them after we had stored them in Tupperware all night in the refrigerator and they weren't crunchy any more. I couldn't believe it!
1 Bunch of Kale
1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (enough to coat-don't use too much!)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash kale and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the stems and ribs (hard to eat parts) from the kale and shred into pieces (about an inch by an inch size?). Put into a bowl.
3. Coat kale in bowl with olive oil and mix with your hands.
4. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay your oiled kale down on it.
5. Sprinkle desired amount of salt, pepper, and Lawry's Seasoned Salt over the kale pieces.
6. Cook for 10 minutes or until crispy.
It may not look pretty but it is delicious! I hope you'll learn to love kale as much as I have. Enjoy!