Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mom's Meatloaf

  
   How cute was my mom as a baby? She was (and still is) beautiful! I love my mom! My mom was not the world's greatest cook, but she did have a few dishes that I loved. One of them was, surprisingly, meatloaf. I'm going to share with you her meatloaf recipe so that you can do some loving on my mom too! She deserves it!


Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Egg
4 Pieces of Bread (Torn into small pieces)
1/2 Onion (chopped very small)
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
A Couple Squirts of Ketchup
A Pinch of Basil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
A Few Table Spoons of Brown Sugar (to taste)
Cooking Spray
(Sorry about some of the not-exact measurements)


1.Preheat oven to 400. 
2. Mix everything (excluding the brown sugar) together until it starts to stick together. Form a small loaf.
2. Place in cooking dish sprayed with cooking spray and put in the oven for 40 minutes.
3. After 40 minutes, mix together the brown sugar and a few squirts of ketchup and spoon on top of the loaf.
4. Cook an additional 10 minutes.

   You can also throw a potato in the oven to cook while the meatloaf is cooking and they'll be done around the same time. It's a great side dish.

   Another variation of cooking (which we LOVE and do all of the time) is to form little balls with the meatloaf mixture and cook them in a muffin pan (sprayed with cooking spray). This way, all of your little meatloaf balls are nice and crunchy (and the perfect serving size)! Delicious! I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as much as my family has!  

No comments:

Post a Comment