Monday, June 25, 2012

Shelburne Falls/Bridge of Flowers


   Last weekend, my family decided to take a trip to Shelburne Falls to see the Bridge of Flowers. Our first stop on the way there was at the Mohawk Trading Post and Smoky Bro's for lunch. The Trading Post reminded me of the little shops you would find in northern Michigan. My family used to stop at these kinds of stores all of the time while vacationing "up north". My parents bought me many pairs of moccasins and Native American Indian headdresses during my youth!






   Next we arrived at downtown Shelburne Falls. We stopped at the visitor center to grab a map and then wandered around for awhile. I loved the mosaic pictures that were hung on the street corners!




   While wandering, we were thrilled to come across the Glacial Potholes and "Salmon Falls". We didn't even know they were there! 









    At last we arrived at the beautiful Bridge of Flowers. I had a guest photographer (my six year old son) help me out with some of these pictures. He did an amazing job! I bet you won't even be able to tell which shots he took!












   Shelburne Falls is a great place to visit. The Glacial Potholes and Bridge of Flowers are definitely worth seeing. Plus, I hear Bill Cosby lives in the area, so you never know who you might run into!  

   To learn more about any of the places mentioned in this post, visit http://www.shelburnefalls.com/, http://www.bridgeofflowersmass.org/, and http://www.mohawk-trading-post.com/. 





No comments:

Post a Comment