Tuesday, February 21, 2012

City Girl in the Valley (that is, the Pioneer Valley)

View from Mount Sugarloaf

A few words about my hometown...

Downtown Flint

As of 2011, Flint, Michigan was ranked the most dangerous city by the CQ press. Those rankings also showed Flint had the most crimes per capita, which include homicides, rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults.



Despite its crime, danger, high unemployment rates, and horrible school system, Flint is my hometown and will always hold a special place in my heart.



That being said, I have found a new “home” here in Western Massachusetts. I love the history, culture, and liberal environment. It is inspiring!


Downtown Northampton

Part of me will always feel like a city girl stuck in the valley of some rolling hills, but I love my new home. Hopefully I will be able to capture the beauty and life I have found here in Western Massachusetts.



No comments:

Post a Comment